Thursday, July 14, 2016

Guided Reading...Managing those Groups!!!

Hello all! I wanted to share with you all something that I did last year to organize my guided reading groups! With groups ever changing, it was such a hassle to constantly update all of my post-its in various places with the names of the kids. I was tired of wasting time! So.....I got a strip of velcro and placed a strip on the folders for each group. Then I made a small name tag for each student, laminated it, and stuck velcro on the back of each tag. 

I actually ended up making three sets, because I did the same thing with my guided reading/math drawers. The drawers contain the books/materials I would need for each group for the week. Oh my word, this saved me last year! It made changing students in and out of groups a piece of cake! And don't we all love cake?!?

       


No comments:

Post a Comment