1. So does anyone else feel like summer just started, but for the rest of the world it is almost over?!? I went to look for cushions for my wicker loveseat...oh, sorry...we're out of those! I went to look for flowers at my favorite flower shop...oh, sorry...closed for the season! Target has summer on clearance, and is moving in the school supplies! Craziness! And even crazier....I actually looked at them! And I definitely bought alphabet and number magnets for Daniel! Ahh!!! It's a sickness!
2. Jane.com anyone??? If you haven't checked it out...you should! You may or may not be thanking me later. There are so many good deals! I love it mostly for shoes, scarves, and cute two year old stuff! I'm currently thinking about this scarf and the black HP shirt for the little one! And don't forget to keep checking it. If you missed something you really love, the deals usually come round again!
3. I am enjoying every summery, sunshiney moment I can with this cute kid! Ahh! I can't take the cuteness! I love the feeling of just being able to relax with him. All year long, I have hurried this boy. Hurry to eat breakfast and get dressed. Hurry to run to daycare. Hurry home to make and eat dinner. Hurry to get ready for bed. Ugh! I pretty much hated it. I love these slow, lazy summer days!
4. The Simply Kinder facebook group! I am loving all of the cute ideas that people share! This is the cutest bulletin board ever! I think I need the shirt too! :)
5. And here's a little something I've been working on...Click on the picture below to see it in my TPT store!
This Alphabet Super Pack comes with my ABC song chart. This is literally my favorite teaching tool ever. I keep this handy little guy everywhere! I make copies for my students to keep in their book boxes for independent practice. How cute is it to hear them singing their song during read to self! Gotta watch out, sometimes those quiet kids are the loudest singers! I love it because it helps them connect letter names with sounds. It also helps with some tracking practice!
I don't have a picture of it hanging up, but I had these gigantic posters of it blown up for all of our Kindergarten classrooms. I started each morning off with my munchkins by singing this song. The song is Barbara Milne's original alphabet song. You can find it here, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3S3OX6HQm4 We sing it just a little differently, instead of singing the sound three times, we sing it twice and sing the name of the letter last. This helps students to link the letter and the sound together.
I also stick it in their writing bins! This little chart is a huuuuuuuuuge help with writing. When writing, students don't always know what letter is making the sound that they just said. Because the song links the letter and the sound together, they can easily find what letter made the sound. Some students just have a hard time knowing what the letter looks like in order to write it down. I always hear, "How do you make a j?"Now I can say back, "Use your alphabet song chart to help you!"
Once I made the chart, I decided I wanted my classroom alphabet line to match it! So....the sparkle alphabet line was born! This isn't the greatest picture of it hanging in my room, but it's all I have!
Here is a picture of one of the posters up close! I kind of love this happy lion! And anything that glitters is right up my alley! You could also make these posters into an alphabet book for your classroom library. If you print it in landscape, it makes a smaller book that students could put in their book bins.
It also comes with alphabet flash cards! There are large ones that could be used for large group practice or a focus wall display card. The small ones are good for individual practice or take home practice. I like to keep my small ones on binder rings.
And finally, we have a matching game for some extra practice!
Happy Friday everyone!