Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Just keep blogging!!!

Sooo, small fact about me...I'm not very patient when it comes to myself. I have all the patience in the world for the munchkins (most days anyway!), but not so much for me! 

Along with blogging, I've also recently started running. The problem is...I have always DESPISED running! I always said this girl was never going to run, I'm happy on my yoga mat thank you very much! But my husband is a runner and I thought it would be fun to be able to do that together. We got a pair of running shoes...how about the fact that I was completely overwhelmed in the sneaker department? Umm...we do bare feet in yoga!! Anyway, I put them on and away we went. I'm getting better, but I way slow Matt down! And typical me, I get frustrated with myself! "I want to be good at it right now!!" says the person who's NEVER run EVER unless something was chasing after her!

I see a huge similarity between running and this whole blogging/teachers-pay-teachers world! I want to be good at it right now!!! I see all these fantastic blogs with lots of followers sharing in their wonderful ideas! And I think why can't I do that? Well, I found this quote on pinterest today, and it definitely rang a few bells!

  
So the moral of the story is, I'm gonna stop comparing myself and my humble beginnings to those who have been at this for a long time and have put in a lot of hard work to be where they are! Instead of it leading to frustration, I will see those people as inspiration! I have so much to learn from so many of you!!!

And on the topic of running...I think if I have this tank top, I will be such a better runner! Pretty sure I need it! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jamie,
    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! It is to promote blogs with less than 200 followers. Follow the link if you'd like to participate!
    http://kdgpenn.blogspot.com/2013/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete